Carpet cleaning helps remove dirt, stains, and allergens in carpets to improve the indoor air quality. There are many ways to clean a carpet, but if you are not an expert, there are professional carpet cleaning Adelaide companies that can help you get the best result.
Common methods used for carpet cleaning include dry-clean, hot water extraction, and vacuuming only.
- Dry cleaning is the process of using a solvent to remove soil, grease, soil, stains, allergens, and dust particles from your carpet. This method usually removes dust, soil, allergens, grease, pet dander, and other pollutants from your carpet fibres. It is ideal for removing dust and pollen from your carpet and is usually left with a mild residue.
- The second carpet cleaning Adelaide method is hot water extraction. This technique is used to extract soil, grease, stains, allergens, dust particles, and mould spores from carpet fibres. The solution uses high-pressure hot water, detergents, and other chemicals to loosen dirt and stain. The detergent left on the carpet is left on the rug until it is thoroughly dry. The residue left from hot water extraction will be much easier to vacuum up because it is easier to remove than dry dirt.
- The third way to get your carpets clean is to hire a carpet cleaning company to do it for you. Hiring a professional carpet cleaning company is recommended for three reasons: it saves time and effort, it saves money, and it ensures the best possible outcome. Professional carpet cleaners use the most powerful vacuum and chemicals to clean your carpets thoroughly. A carpet cleaner is recommended to make sure your carpets are cleaned to their absolute best.
- The fourth way to take care of your carpets and keep them clean is to minimize the traffic areas you walk. Carpets in high traffic areas should be vacuumed at least twice a week, if not more. Also, sealing the traffic area will help reduce the wear and tear on the carpet. When sealing the traffic areas, professional carpet cleaning companies will spray a foam which helps the carpet adhere to the surface better. If you do not seal the traffic areas, you could find your carpet has stained badly by being exposed to the elements outside.
- The fifth way to take care of your carpets and keep them looking great is to avoid spills. Spills should be cleaned up immediately. No matter how small the spill may seem, it will just sit there and start to attract more dirt if it is not cleaned up soon. Even if you use your own carpet cleaning machine, it is not a good idea to clean up small spills by yourself and contact a professional carpet cleaning service as soon as possible.